You are welcome to Kick Your Own Ass!
Where artists beat themselves.
Dear members, in order to bring more 'usability' to our group, there were some changes in the approach, namely:
The end of challenges with a deadline. Now you have a set of predefined challenges you can choose to apply to whenever you feel like!
And, of course, check who applied already to that challenge!
No more excuses on "I don't have time now" or "not in the mood for that theme atm". The open challenges are: Redo Your Very First Deviation
- kickyourownass.deviantart.com/… (Pick the oldest work you got submited in your gallery/ scraps and redo it from scratch) Fun Go Serious Go Fun
- kickyourownass.deviantart.com/… (Pick a fun deviation and redo it in a serious mood or vice versa) Redo a Deviation in a Different Art Style
- kickyourownass.deviantart.com/… (Pick a work from your gallery and redo it with a different art style (e.g., pick a manga work and redo it realistically) Redo a Deviation From Your Childhood
- kickyourownass.deviantart.com/… (Find a work you made when you were a child (<10 years old) and redo it) Redo One of your 3 Least Popular Deviations
- kickyourownass.deviantart.com/… (Pick one of the 3 works of yours that got less faves and redo it) Redo One of your 3 Most Popular Deviations
- kickyourownass.deviantart.com/… (Pick one of the 3 works of yours that got more faves and redo it) Redo a Deviation in a Different Perspective/ Angle
- kickyourownass.deviantart.com/… (Pick a Deviation and redo it from another point of view) Kick My Own Ass This Holiday
- kickyourownass.deviantart.com/… (Pick a work from your gallery that has a Holiday theme and redo it) Halloweenify a Deviation
- kickyourownass.deviantart.com/… (Pick a deviation from your gallery and redo it from scratch but this time in a halloween mood)
If you have a new idea for another challenge go ahead and tell us!
-- How to Join
Just go up there and click 'Join Group', your request will be accepted imediately! How to Submit There's a collection for each of the main medias:
CraftsThere's also a collection for:
2 Different Medias (if the 2nd version was created in a different media than the 1st one)
Other Media (Typically photography, animations, literature, etc.)
Tutorials and work in progress shots
Several Years Comparisons
Click on the collection related to your artwork, then on 'Submit to this Folder'. Please keep the following aspects in mind
: Do not submit separate versions, only deviations with the following format will be accepted
(except for literature);
Old version on your left and new one on your right (or top vs down);
For literature, send us your new version but make sure there's a link in the description to your old work!
This deviation can be either on your gallery or on your scraps; The idea is not to modify an existing work, but to redo it from scratch
It should be clear the new work is a remake of the first version, so both must have some elements in common (characters, composition, etc.);
Do not send works that use copyrighted images, only photos you own or stock photos/ authorized resources;
Nudity is allowed, but make sure the mature content is on;
There's no upload limit. Now it's time to go and get your ~ss kicked by yourself!!!